Finasteride and Minoxidil

Bana

Ok after reading many posts about using Finasteride or Minoxidil after surgery. And cases where after they stop using them their hair starts falling out.

Should I use one of these post-op? If I stop will I start losing hair? Will I have to take them my whole life if I start so I don't lose hair?

What can I do post-op to prevent shock-loss etc?

Ok after reading many posts about using Finasteride or Minoxidil after surgery. And cases where after they stop using them their hair starts falling out.

Should I use one of these post-op? If I stop will I start losing hair? Will I have to take them my whole life if I start so I don't lose hair?

What can I do post-op to prevent shock-loss etc?

Taking Finasteride and using Minoxidil post-op can help to stave off shock loss. If you are going to start using the medication, it is definitely a good idea to keep them in your regimen indefinitely. They will not only help you maintain your naturally-growing hair to help keep it from receding behind your newly-placed grafts.

In my opinion, I think that you should speak to a physician before utilizing Finasteride, but I think that if you are willing to undergo surgery for your hair loss, then popping a pill and applying Minoxidil should at least be a consideration for best results.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog