scabs falling off with hair

Hi,

I am now day 12 post-op, on day 8 when my hair was dry i gently would rub my hand no fingernail, no picking, over the scabs and they would come off very easily, over next few days I have lost nearly all my scabs, in every scab there is 1-3 hairs in them, no bleeding or pain, and they came off very easily, is this the whole folicle or its just the shedding so early???

Also now when I look at the recipient area, its very sparse, doesnt seem to be 60/cm2 at all, but there is still many hairs left so should this be a concern cos when i look at everyone elses pictures day 12 they have kept all their transplanted hairs....? im a bit worried about this as after the scabs have gone i have lots tons of the hairs..

mike

Hi,

I am now day 12 post-op, on day 8 when my hair was dry i gently would rub my hand no fingernail, no picking, over the scabs and they would come off very easily, over next few days I have lost nearly all my scabs, in every scab there is 1-3 hairs in them, no bleeding or pain, and they came off very easily, is this the whole folicle or its just the shedding so early???

Also now when I look at the recipient area, its very sparse, doesnt seem to be 60/cm2 at all, but there is still many hairs left so should this be a concern cos when i look at everyone elses pictures day 12 they have kept all their transplanted hairs....? im a bit worried about this as after the scabs have gone i have lots tons of the hairs..

mike

Hey Mike, scabs comin off with the hairs is completely normal. I was extremely concerned as well when I was going through this but it is definitely ok....and once they start falling off the area does start looking barren and will stay that way until about month 3. HT's are certainly not an instant gratification and the waiting sucks ass...I'm only at the 2 month mark and still have a long way to go.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily