Starting Avodart and question abt shampoo

Shyguy

Last month I felt pretty good about my hair and enjoyed one of the best haircuts I can remember in the last 15 years. However my hairloss has now come back to be even more rapid then before over the last 45 days. I am very alarmed as I am losing tremendous amounts of hair from my crown over the past month to the point that I can see my scalp with difuse thinning all over.

About six weeks ago I got a Rx for 2% Ketoconazol shampoo over this same period and started using it 1-2 times per week. Does this shampoo cause excelerated shedding?? I hope the shedding can be attributed to the shampoo but it seems so extreme.

As mentioned in previous posts, I have been using Propecia since it became available. I am considering using Avodart but I'm concerned about the side effects. Yesterday, one of the doctors offices that comes recommended on this site suggested I use Avodart because 95% of the patients have success (5% have side effects).

Can anyone here that experienced side effects from Avodart (low libido, impotence, male breast enlargement) please tell me how long it took after you discontinued using Avodart to return to 'normal' function? Or even if function was returned at all.

I know the half life is longer with Avodart but I don't know how this translates to returning to normal once it is discontinued or if for instance male breast enlargement reverts back to normal.

Has anyone tried cycling between Avodart and Propecia to minimize Avodarts side effects?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Using Propecia since 1997

Using Rogaine Foam once a day since 2012

Using Niazoral 2% once a week since 2012

Last month I felt pretty good about my hair and enjoyed one of the best haircuts I can remember in the last 15 years. However my hairloss has now come back to be even more rapid then before over the last 45 days. I am very alarmed as I am losing tremendous amounts of hair from my crown over the past month to the point that I can see my scalp with difuse thinning all over.

About six weeks ago I got a Rx for 2% Ketoconazol shampoo over this same period and started using it 1-2 times per week. Does this shampoo cause excelerated shedding?? I hope the shedding can be attributed to the shampoo but it seems so extreme.

As mentioned in previous posts, I have been using Propecia since it became available. I am considering using Avodart but I'm concerned about the side effects. Yesterday, one of the doctors offices that comes recommended on this site suggested I use Avodart because 95% of the patients have success (5% have side effects).

Can anyone here that experienced side effects from Avodart (low libido, impotence, male breast enlargement) please tell me how long it took after you discontinued using Avodart to return to 'normal' function? Or even if function was returned at all.

I know the half life is longer with Avodart but I don't know how this translates to returning to normal once it is discontinued or if for instance male breast enlargement reverts back to normal.

Has anyone tried cycling between Avodart and Propecia to minimize Avodarts side effects?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Using Propecia since 1997

Using Rogaine Foam once a day since 2012

Using Niazoral 2% once a week since 2012