donor area question

Its been about 2 weeks post op and i've been told its not good to still have scabs around the area.

My question is how do you know if you have an infection in the donor scar? I still feel pain in that area especially when lying down.

Can i use an antiseptic cream on the scar?

Its been about 2 weeks post op and i've been told its not good to still have scabs around the area.

My question is how do you know if you have an infection in the donor scar? I still feel pain in that area especially when lying down.

Can i use an antiseptic cream on the scar?

Hi Take a chance

I'm four weeks' post-op, and would say that it was mild discomfort rather than pain I felt at your stage. I had no scabs around my donor area, but I did get one spot that might have been connected to an ingrowing hair. My wife dealt with it.

If you think you have an infection, speak to your doc, just in case you need antibiotics.

In terms of general care, I was taking two baths a day at that stage, with tea tree oil in the warm bathwater, soaking my donor area for about 20 minutes each time. I also was using generous amounts of antiseptic cream - laying it on quite thick along the full length of the donor strip area, twice a day.

Once the staples were out (which I did about day 12), I moved on to vitamin E oil on the donor strip.

Hope that helps. Good luck and heal well.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website