0.5 mg/day ??

Marcus2011

Hi,

First let me congratulate the contributors and responsibles for this forum. It is very informative!

I'm 32 male and have been noticing hair thinning and losses over the last 2-3 years. I believe I'm at stage 2 (minor recession at the front of the hairline) at the moment. The hair loss process seems to happen quite slow in my case (when I run my fingers through the hair, I usually see 1-2 hairs coming out). However, I don't want to take any chances and decided it is time to be proactive. I recently bought Finpecia 1mg (Finasteride generic) and I'm ready to start taking it. I've seen some discussions in this forum about taking 0.5 mg / day, instead of the standard 1mg / day. I thought to start with such amount (0.5 mg/day) as my hair loss seems weak. In addition, I'm not interested in re-growth but just want to stop the loss. I'm also using Revita.

A few questions in mind:

- Am I being precipitated to start taking finasteride at this point?

- If I stop taking the drug after (let's say) 3-4 years, will the loss be worse than if I had never started?

-Has anyone tried and got results (even if only stop of loss) with 0.5 mg / day?

-How much time does it usually take to stop hair loss with 1 mg/day?

-Are there cases where the hair loss stops at initial stages without any action (drugs) or, once it starts, it is unstoppable without the use of drugs?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Marcus