Question on Microscopes

Jozef

I was wondering how powerful should the microscopes be ?

Do different clinics use 5x,10x,20x(or more) visualization ? And how much difference does it make ,if any ? I understand stereo-microscopes in general are better then loops or eyegear for dissection but i thought i'd throw this question out there anyway.

I also read somewhere that Dr. Woods is using magnifaction of up to 300x.Is this true ?

I was wondering how powerful should the microscopes be ?

Do different clinics use 5x,10x,20x(or more) visualization ? And how much difference does it make ,if any ? I understand stereo-microscopes in general are better then loops or eyegear for dissection but i thought i'd throw this question out there anyway.

I also read somewhere that Dr. Woods is using magnifaction of up to 300x.Is this true ?

I think a better question is:

Why is the Microscope used only during 1/2 of the procedure?

Do the Doctors use the scope to take the Donor hair?

Do the Doctors use the scope to make sites?

Do the nurses use the scope to place the F.U.'s?

Anyone care to answer these ?'s

The doctor removes your donor area, and the donor area is typically handed over to the surgical techs/nurses. These are the ones who use microscopes to separate the hair into the grafts to be later placed by the surgeon. Typically, while the grafts are being separated, the surgeon will be making the incisions in your scalp for the placement of the grafts.