After HT scar

Dear all,

Im 30 yo with a normal hairline but a balding patch on my crown. I'll be having a HT in a few weeks but im concerned about a thing:

The clinic say that the receiving area should look ok since i still have hair there. However, im concerned about the scar. I have good, thick, donor hair. My question is, assuming i have reasonable length hair, how long after the surgery will i be able to conceal the scar? I was hoping to go back to work after about 5 days and not have detectable surgery.

Thoughts?

thanks in advance

PS, i have been on propecia and minoxidil for a few years. Seems to have prevented any further thining.

Dear all,

Im 30 yo with a normal hairline but a balding patch on my crown. I'll be having a HT in a few weeks but im concerned about a thing:

The clinic say that the receiving area should look ok since i still have hair there. However, im concerned about the scar. I have good, thick, donor hair. My question is, assuming i have reasonable length hair, how long after the surgery will i be able to conceal the scar? I was hoping to go back to work after about 5 days and not have detectable surgery.

Thoughts?

thanks in advance

PS, i have been on propecia and minoxidil for a few years. Seems to have prevented any further thining.

Can you give us a little more information: Estimate number of grafts, all in the crown?, doctor you chose. etc.

If your hair is at a reasonable length in the donor area, hiding the scar should be easy considering you said it was thick.

Remember the crown is considered a black hole in terms of number of grafts that can be used. In other words, you could deplete your entire donor in the crown alone...so be careful.

Any hairloss in the fron two-thirds? I hope you have taken a look at the doctors recommended on this site! A piece of advice, if you haven't chosen one of them I would re-think who you are going to to have your procedure done with. If you don't like the bald spot now, a bad procedure will make you more self-conscious and will need additional work to fix the old work.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

All grafts are going in the crown since thats the only hair loss area. Also, i dont mind receding too much, i just hate having this 'thing' behgind me all the time.

The surgeon is Jeffrey Waesche and he works for PAI medical group. Any ideas if he is any good.

Thanks for your responce