Scar revision question.

Regarding scar revision the question I have is: when the incision is made are the cuts made at a different angle to those made with a normal strip surgery incision.

I mean would I be right in guessing that there would be an inverted v incision rather than a flat bottomed u incison as there wouldnt be the need to capture hair grafts?. I ask this question as it seems logical to do this but I can't find info on it..

From a guy that wants to look at his options before flying to the USA in the next few months:

If anyone needs a better explanation, please don't hesitate to ask.

Yes, we typically excise the scar in an inverted V and then using long lasting sutures, close the deep tissue. The skin edges are approximated in an everted, tension-free fashion with sutures that come out around day 6-8. The local hair then grows out through the scar in what has been termed Trichophytic closure. That closure technique originated with forehead lifts (search a different thread started by me at least a year ago on this network if interested) and is now used by many hair surgeons to get better donor scar results.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians