FUT or FUE

I'm a repair patient who needs more surgery and I'm trying to figure out what to do. My question has to do with choosing between FUE or FUT. I've had four strip procedures, about 5,500 grafts have been taken. I assumed I was done with strip procedures but saw a doctor this week who says I healed well and some laxity has returned, and he thinks he could get another strip. I'm not sure to trust this as it seems like I've had so much skin already taken from my scalp. When and how do you know enough is enough? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

If you can get another FUT I would stick with that.  With them buzzing your donor area for Fue the back of you head is going to look like a railroad track.  I went FUE this time, but in retrospect I would have just done FUT again.  FUE is a hassle with the horrible haircuts.  The actual FUE procedure is not bad, but dealing with months of looking like a fool sucks.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Thank you for the replies. I've heard it's best to max out strip before going to FUE, but I'm hesitant because the last strip procedure was a little rough, and just trying to understand the risks that would come with another strip procedure. What are the potential risks of another strip? Anything I should be considering? Or if the Dr. says he can safely do it, just trust in that?

good questions. Wasn't very scientific technique, just kind of rubbed the skin in my donor area, and said there's enough laxity. Two doctors have said that. Didn't ask them about their experience with multiple FUT surgeries and repairs. I really suck at consultations,  I don't ask the right questions. Could really use some help on that.