Feedback on Dr. Vogel

Time2DoSomeThing,

Dr. Vogel is terrific. I am 34 years old. Eight months ago, I recently had 1650 grafts for my anterior forelock. The results 8 months later have been great. I am very satisfied.

I had fears and concerns about hair transplantation as well. But Dr. Vogel and his staff are extremely professional, and help you to feel very at ease. There is always a little discomfort for the first week after you undergo a hair transplant, but I cannot say I was ever in any signficicant pain. As long as you obey his presurgical and postsurgical instructions, you will be fine. I was back to work in under a week. No one knew I had undergone surgery. The donor area has healed extremely well.

Dr. Vogel takes a wholistic approach, not only determining what your hairline will look like 8 months after the surgery, but also 10-20 years later. He considers the future extent of your hair loss before determining a long-term plan that is right for you. He is a straight shooter and will advise whatever is best for that particular patient.

You will be making the right decision if you choose him. He allowed me to meet with several of his previous patients prior to my decision, and they gave me excellent positive feedback too. If you have any other questions, let me know.

- Paul

Time2DoSomeThing,

I was back to the office within 6 days of surgery. The surgery was performed on a Friday, I was back to work the following Thursday with little to no discomfort at that point. Keep it in mind I only had 1650 grafts, a relatively small produre compared to many of the postings here. You would need to talk to Dr. Vogel about your particular situation. A great thing about Dr. Vogel is that you do not have to shave or shorten your hair at the donor area the day of surgery. Thus, the initial scar in the donor area post-op can be concealed. I thought that was an impressive testament to Dr. Vogel's surgical skill.

For my procedure, it came to around $7500 I believe. Compared to several other hair care doctors in the Washington area, this was extremely reasonable in my opinion. But price is something you have to talk to him individually about. Remember though, price should not be your primary consideration, only a factor. You ultimately get what you pay for. You could always go to Bosley and Hair Club for a better price, but their results may not be as desirable. Just do a search on this blog to see what people say about different providers. Do your research. Feedback is important.

I attached several pictures. Hopefully they will go through. I believe my hair loss was not as significant as some of the postings you will see on here. I only had parts of the anterior forelock (front area) filled in. Not the vertex or the crown. I am very happy with the results, as are my family and closest friends.

Also be realistic. For most people, after the transplant, it is unlikely your hair will be as thick as it was in high school. It is unlikely anyone is going to make you look like the Jonas brothers.

JPEG_Hair_3.JPG.0242440d798e7ee13e492365819e5db6.JPG

Time2DoSomething,

In my opinion, Coalition member Dr. Vogel is an excellent surgeon and a class act. While not too many of his patients have posted on this forum to date, you can find dozesn of examples of his work in the "Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" section of the forum. He's also been visited and observed in live surgery by Patrick Hennessey, publisher of the Hair Transplant Network. To see highlights from his review, take a look at "Visit to Dr. Vogel's Clinic in Baltimore, MD.

Best wishes,

Bill

Time2DoSomeThing,

Outside of India is always best ! I heard Dr Vogel is an excellent doctor. One of my friend got good result from him.

Please take note of all the valid points from forum and goahead.

All the best !