Dr references

Hammer

I am thinking about getting a hair transplant with Dr Bernstein in NYC. Is there anyone  who has had work done by him or knows someone who has. I looked at his website and to be honest the results looked good. I would hope to know more before making a decision.Thank you 

I am 8 weeks post FUT with Dr. Bernstein.  Unfortunately that puts me around the rock bottom stage, so I can’t give you much information about the final outcome.   The surgical experience itself was very professional.   If it helps, I am NW5, 55 years old, straight fine hair.   Started 1mg Finasteride three months ago.   Had a full head of hair at 40, but three kids can produce a lot of cortisol.  

1 hour ago, SBSinNYC said:

I am 8 weeks post FUT with Dr. Bernstein.  Unfortunately that puts me around the rock bottom stage, so I can’t give you much information about the final outcome.   The surgical experience itself was very professional.   If it helps, I am NW5, 55 years old, straight fine hair.   Started 1mg Finasteride three months ago.   Had a full head of hair at 40, but three kids can produce a lot of cortisol.  

Cortisol/stress nothing to do with hair -loss ,I have a brother who is the most stressed person you could meet, an alcoholic ,shit diet ,yet has a full hair of hair 2 years younger than me .. all in the genes as simple as that ,,of course a good life style,  diet ,is good for your general health, but unfortunately wont  stop  MPB 

Edited by Mick50

Thanks.  

You don’t hear much discussion of Dr. Bernstein on this forum, but I wouldn’t let that dissuade you.   His practice just doesn’t fit the profile of many posters.  He has firm opinions about what will work best for his patients long-term and won’t sugarcoat his opinion just to get you in the door.  

These forums have many non-US posters. Many are in their twenties.  Many have years to go until their conditions are stabilized.   Bernstein would likely tell them to go on meds and wait.   Many won’t want to wait.  

Bernstein is in NYC.  Not a cheap town to travel to and stay in for several days.  Not a cheap town to put together a top notch office and staff in.   Compared to Turkey, he’s much more costly  

I believe he’s the real deal, though, with a depth of knowledge and experience that is hard to match. 

His website is an incredible resource, from FAQ’s to detailed discussion of procedures to original research.