Hair Regeneration--Is it really only 5 - 10 years out?

HairBoy

Not long ago, there was a news story about a "cure for baldness" involving taking stem cells from hair follicles and reproducing them in the lab for implantation into scalps (or something like that).

Back in 1989, they said that with Rogaine, a cure for baldness was only 10 years away. Well, 10 years came and went--no cure.

Does anyone know what the thoughts are of hair loss professionals? Are there doctors out there who think this will be possible in 5 - 10 years? Or is this another far off dream?

I've heard the song and dance before. Don't want to get my hopes up this time.

Not long ago, there was a news story about a "cure for baldness" involving taking stem cells from hair follicles and reproducing them in the lab for implantation into scalps (or something like that).

Back in 1989, they said that with Rogaine, a cure for baldness was only 10 years away. Well, 10 years came and went--no cure.

Does anyone know what the thoughts are of hair loss professionals? Are there doctors out there who think this will be possible in 5 - 10 years? Or is this another far off dream?

I've heard the song and dance before. Don't want to get my hopes up this time.