Multi Unit Hair Grafting

I had a consultation with a place called the PAI Medical Group.  The initial consultation was quoting me $13,900 for 6000-8000 Multi Unit Hair Grafting for FUT.   I am new to this and wondering what is multi unit hair grafting and is this a reasonable price?

Sounds like a sales gimick, or worse it could be mini-grafts, which are an outdated method and not the gold standard that follicular untis are for achieving naturalism.

I just looked them up, looks like a hair mill chain, I'd keep my distance.

Do your homework, if it sounds too good to be true it often is.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Another thing I might add about their deceptive verbage, it sounds like they are trying to sell you 6,000 to 8,000 hairs, not grafts.

Which is a trickster move, that could be the equivalent of 1,500 FUT grafts in some instances, but they made it sound like more by telling the hair count with some fancy wording.

That is a shame that they use marketing verbiage like that.  After doing a text search, the actual surgeon who would be doing the procedure, Dr. Pawlinga is recommended on this forum here.  How can I find another doctor in my area that comes recommended in my area -- are there truly no recommended surgeons in TN?  

Edited by STEVENCOLE

I can't vouch for or against that doctor, but that is unfortunate marketing by their website.

Be very discerning, and don't be married to a doctor being close to your area as your primary decision maker, travel around the US shouldn't be a major obstacle for you when making your decision, it's worth it to do so.

I took a year of investigating before deciding on a doctor, did almost ten consults in person or online, and ultimately traveled all the way from Austin, Texas to Portland, Oregon to make sure I was in capable hands.

There's a database of doctors on here you can peruse, but I advise against making close proximity to where you live being the primary criteria for picking them above all else.

Edited by Speegs
  • Thanks 1