21 year old, contemplating ht

I'm 21 years old and have noticed my hair receding since i was about 16. Recently i've been balding at a fast rate. I am a class 5 balding, with a receding hairline and overall thinning on top. I've gone for a consultation at Bosley, but i really don't know of any other surgeons, and from what i've read on these posts, most don't recommend bosley. My hair loss has really hurt my confidence, i am a good looking guy and have a lot of other things going for me, but my hair loss is really affecting me and bothering me because i am still so young. I live in Miami, Fl so if anyone knows of any really good surgeons in florida, that would be great, along with any other information concerning my hair loss. I was also wondering, because i currently shave my head, what is the minimum length that the hair must be to perform a ht.

I'm 21 years old and have noticed my hair receding since i was about 16. Recently i've been balding at a fast rate. I am a class 5 balding, with a receding hairline and overall thinning on top. I've gone for a consultation at Bosley, but i really don't know of any other surgeons, and from what i've read on these posts, most don't recommend bosley. My hair loss has really hurt my confidence, i am a good looking guy and have a lot of other things going for me, but my hair loss is really affecting me and bothering me because i am still so young. I live in Miami, Fl so if anyone knows of any really good surgeons in florida, that would be great, along with any other information concerning my hair loss. I was also wondering, because i currently shave my head, what is the minimum length that the hair must be to perform a ht.

I've heard many great things about Dr. Jeffrey Epstein, who practices right there in Miami. Thats real tough luck, being a NW 5 at 21, i feel for you.

As far as Dr. Epstien goes, (his name is spelled one of the two ways i spelled it). He even has some posts on this forum, but I cant remember where they are. Look around, you should find them. By the way, he's also high on my list for a consultation.

Hope this helps.

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Agree. Dr Epstein was (still is actually) within my top 4. And he does post on this forum, which means he's a good guy!!!

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

If you do decide to get an HT, I would make my plan for graft placement under the assumption that you'll be going to a complete NW7 eventually.

It's definitely gotta be rough to be at your stage at such a young age. I might even try the completely shaven bald look for awhile and see if it suits you. I'd still get on propecia and try to save what you have. Then ride the completely shaven look for a few years and hope for the best with hair cloning. If that doesn't suit you (and I understand it's incredibly easy for me to suggest it to you over a message board and might be incredibly hard for you to actually go through with that), you can still achieve some pretty good results with top HT docs. Good luck.

futballer, you should let your hair grow out. You need a good inch or so of length in the back to hide the strip scar. And afterwards, you won't be able to shave your head again without the scar showing.

If you prefer shaving/buzzing your hair then you probably shouldn't get a transplant.

futballer,

also, if youre in Miami, you may not have heard much about this doc on here yet, but hes located in Boca Raton and he is the first volunteer to administer the first "free HT" from the essay. Dr. Glenn Charles.

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog