Hair transplant repair (camouflage or FUE removal)

Hi guys, Seeking advice on my current situation. Around 10 months ago I had a hair transplant which left me with an emotionally devastating result. The doctor lowered my hairline far more than requested, I had 1700 grafts (with very little growth) & many planted in the wrong direction. I have recently had a repair by a far more experienced doctor who planted 700 ( mostly multi) extra grafts in a way that she is convinced will camouflage the previous transplant (wrong angled grafts are mostly ones & 2s). I’m skeptical to the result I will receive And am considering booking another surgery with the ASMED clinic to remove and replant the poorly angled hairs. My hair is really thick, I have a very strong donor area & my hair loss is beyond slow. I am on avodart, minox, fin & niz as preventions. This has destroyed my life. I am not looking for criticism, just advice on what you can see from the photos and help moving forward (1st 2 photos pre op - second two 10 days post op) Thanks

E657D2A8-ADC8-48E0-87E4-7E003A7F4DAB.jpg.52d7c5c33c26b12fded761bcc349b69f.jpg

76F6B828-FA21-464D-86F8-B8B1F046EBFD.jpg.b651512ccdbdb0d12412a5e97a2f4235.jpg

5EC5F227-CDC7-4ACD-A574-CBD3A4A9F147.jpg.0f56691b17eb242a6fd95bd713d51690.jpg

C7B45985-E798-4772-BC00-5C1F10B30706.thumb.jpg.6a272a2aecce33362a5e2e2981da9628.jpg

The best thing to do is a search on repair cases in several of the major online hair loss forums like this one. Make contact with those patients who express they are happy and satisfied with their repair work, and ask them if they recommend the surgeon who did their work.

Also talk to the surgeons who have a lot of experience with FUE repair cases with examples and send them your photos. After consulting with the ones you feel do the best repair work, make an appointment to see them in person. Also ask them who they think would do the best repair on your case. Some docs will tell you up front that there are other docs who would be more qualified for repair such as yours because not all of them will want to do your case.

Also, it is not advisable to take both dutasteride and finasteride at the same time as both are prostrate meds and not good for your prostrate. You can ask any doctor about that. They will undoubtedly tell you that it is best to take one or the other but not both at the same time.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 5 years later...
On 2/13/2018 at 8:58 PM, gillenator said:

The best thing to do is a search on repair cases in several of the major online hair loss forums like this one. Make contact with those patients who express they are happy and satisfied with their repair work, and ask them if they recommend the surgeon who did their work.

Also talk to the surgeons who have a lot of experience with FUE repair cases with examples and send them your photos. After consulting with the ones you feel do the best repair work, make an appointment to see them in person. Also ask them who they think would do the best repair on your case. Some docs will tell you up front that there are other docs who would be more qualified for repair such as yours because not all of them will want to do your case.

Also, it is not advisable to take both dutasteride and finasteride at the same time as both are prostrate meds and not good for your prostrate. You can ask any doctor about that. They will undoubtedly tell you that it is best to take one or the other but not both at the same time.

When you mention make contact with those patients who express are happy with their repair work, how does one do that when all before and afters are confidential and 9/10 people don’t respond to you on RealSelf?

Carla…this endeavor requires lots of patience and perseverance because most repair patients are not forthcoming yet you will find some that will present their case online with multiple photos…they ask for help and which doctors are best suited for their case…you need to surf every hairloss community for repair cases…there are several within this community who have discussed their situations in great detail.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY