28 Years Old HT How Many Grafts?

Hey Guys,

I posted on here about a year back with respect to potentially getting a HT.

I am currently 28, turning 29 this May and was really thinking about pulling the trigger soon.

Just asking what you guys think on graft counts, I know some of you are real experts at this type of stuff.

I have drawn on some form of hairline in paint and in all honesty I don't want a straight Norwood 1 type hairline, it would not suit my facial structure. I would heir on the side of caution but I just want my face to be framed again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Jay

Pic1.jpg.bb1ccccda2c4ee8c0d0bd788918c72ec.jpg

Pic2.jpg.7901fc79ff6b37c3be058c5ef2ec8fc0.jpg

I would imagine that your face is already nicely framed by the hair that you have, as you're only a Norwood 2. But with that said, I do see how you could improve your hairline with a smaller procedure. I'm thinking doctors will recommend around 1000 - 1200 grafts.

When did you first notice your hairloss? Obviously it's very minimal loss, but it's important to know whether it has only recently begun to establish how quickly it might progress.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hey Matt,

I first noticed my hair loss around 4 years ago, so it looks like it has been slow up until this point.

I just try to keep track on things as much as possible, so it is great you guys can provide me with some very informative advice.

I would just like to re frame my temporal points and in all honesty I don't really wear my hear in a particular fashion, I would like like to have it available to swoop it directly across.

I would be very conservative in terms of design, I actually think I suit a mature hairline more than a juvenile one.

Do you think at this point being 28 and not on any meds it would be risky for me to go ahead with a minor surgery?

I looked at posts from a year ago and my hair loss doesn't look like it has changed much at all

Cheers,

Jay

Hey Matt,

I have attached a photo for you to have a quick look at in terms of progression.

The top left/bottom right is my current situation

The bottom left was March 2016 and the top right was February 2017.

It doesn't look like its progressed much at all within that period, would you think it would be okay to potentially pull the trigger with a HT? I am not looking for that perfect quiff like most, I am genuinely just looking for it to lay forward, but with hair in the temporal regions that I brush to the side.

Look forward to your response.

Cheers,

Jay

PhotoGrid_1516700701499.thumb.jpg.257848d72819730437fcbfc5f91e781d.jpg

Hi Jay2017. We have pretty much similar hair pattern - my hair thinned when I was 28, and the hairline probably receded about 1cm (0.4inch) in the next 20+ years. I recently had my first HT w/1,600 grafts. (http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188831-fut-philippines.html)

Nobody can predict if your hair will be stable or not in the future, but a good doctor can make a plan to cover that scenario.

Edited by fortuneplant