Post-Op Qs

Hello, I am nearly 2 weeks after my repair HT and I have some questions:

- my wife removed the sutures yesterday and it hurt. I took a vicodin that was left and now I am off vicodin. In the pre-op instructions it was mentioned not to take aspirin 2 weeks prior to surgery for blood thinning purposes. Now that I am off vicodin can I use a painkiller thats popular in Europe like aspirin or depon or panadol?

- the scar has scabs in some parts. How do I remove them? Do I still have to wash twice a day or daily will be fine for the next month? I have read here to put some aloe gel before bedtime, do I have to put anything else in the scar for quicker healing?

- can I start using toppic to conceal the scar?

Thanks

Hello, I am nearly 2 weeks after my repair HT and I have some questions:

- my wife removed the sutures yesterday and it hurt. I took a vicodin that was left and now I am off vicodin. In the pre-op instructions it was mentioned not to take aspirin 2 weeks prior to surgery for blood thinning purposes. Now that I am off vicodin can I use a painkiller thats popular in Europe like aspirin or depon or panadol?

- the scar has scabs in some parts. How do I remove them? Do I still have to wash twice a day or daily will be fine for the next month? I have read here to put some aloe gel before bedtime, do I have to put anything else in the scar for quicker healing?

- can I start using toppic to conceal the scar?

Thanks

You can use aspirin now as it's only advised not to use beofre surgery as it thins the blood.

I would leave the scabs as it shows the would has not finished healing... and normal washing would be fine by now.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

I've heard it's okay to use 2 weeks post op, but if you head is still sore or seems inflamed then I would advise against it, but the grafts should be locked in by then.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts