Diffuse thinner. How many grafts?

Hi everyone,

Quick question for the good folks out here. I'm a diffuse thinner currently planned for a hair transplant in 2 months

I'd like your opinions for how many grafts I'd need for coverage.

Currently on finasteride and nizoral. Will start minoxidil after my ht as I don't want to deal with the shed for now

All input is much appreciated

Screenshot_20180121-101607.jpg.b57e60eae862ca0b286637c308fd7755.jpg

Screenshot_20180121-101614.jpg.e9cf3de35c72109ae1b72bfc183bf103.jpg

Screenshot_20180121-101642.jpg.7efa29fb83de105b5d19fb8471f628a6.jpg

denominator,

It's honestly difficult to give you an evaluation with those photos especially with your hair so long and combed over the thinning areas. But off the top of my head I'm thinking 4000 would make a nice difference. Even 5000 if you have the donor for it. Are you using Propecia to prevent future hair loss? Have you consulted a hair restoration physician yet?

Best wishes,

Bill

HI bill thanks for the reply,

i am on propecia for the past 8 months. i wouldnt say thats its made any significant difference to be honest as i am still losing hairs here and there.

i have spoken to a surgeon and will be travelling for a procedure in a few months. they have been quoting me 2.5k grafts which i am pretty sure will not be enough which is why i have decided to ask you lovely folks.

4K was the number i was thinking, not really looking for major density considering the size of the area needed to cover but 2.5k seems really small

i'm planning on cutting it all off in the next couple of days as i am honestly sick of the combover bs. will probably start on minoxidil once a day after that since i wont be too worried about the shed after i buzz it. and i will definitely be posting my full hair transplant journey on this site to keep everyone informed

denominator,

Thanks for your reply. Who is your surgeon if you don't mind my asking?

It is said to give Propecia at leas a year to see if it produces the desired results. Remember also that hair shedding is normal even for people with healthy hair. The question is, does your hair look thinner, the same or better over the last 8 months?

We're glad you will be sharing your hair transplant experience with this community so we can follow along with your progress and watch your new hair grow :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill,

i've scheduled a procedure with Dr Bhatti, i have sent him these photos as well and hopefully we can come to a consensus about the number of grafts i require.

honestly i can't tell if its made any difference to be honest. i tend to think its worse off but that could just be me being pessimistic as usual.

You could improve your frontal zone with a smaller procedure in the 2.5k ballpark, but would benefit from more coverage which would mean more grafts.

I totally agree with Bill that we need to see better photos and it's important that your chosen doctor sees your hair in more detail too. If you're planning to cut your hair shorter then that would improve matters so I suggest taking some more photos after that is done.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi mattj

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually planning on a buzz cut tomorrow. Absolutely had it with the combover. I'm abit concerned that I won't be getting enough coverage and honestly it's my crown that's my biggest fear tho I'm pretty sure I'm thin all over. Will update once I've cut my hair. It's gonna be a major change considering I've never had it that short before. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I know it's a big deal to change a style you've been with for a long time, but I think you'll look better for it and it'll make assessing your photos so much easier.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com