Oozing Blood out of a Hair Graft Site ?

jooeey

Hi Guys,

I had a quick question, actually I am very anxious and worried about it. What happened was I have got a Hair Transplant done for 1800 Hair Grafts yesterday and I was told to keep spraying Saline Spray every half an hour. While doing that, one of the Hair Graft sites started oozing out blood it was I think because of the force of the saline spray, I would imagine. I am not sure though. The blood stopped oozing after some time but it created a small clot at that site. But I could not see the hair graft getting dislodged ! I wanted to ask you guys so has that Hair Graft died ? will that Hair Graft grow ? Somebody told me oozing out blood = death of that hair graft and so no growth ? is that true ?

Please tell me guys.

Thanks

If a graft is lost then there will be bleeding from the empty incision site. However, it isn't unheard of for a bit of blood to ooze out within the first hours after a procedure. It's impossible to know what it is that you're experiencing. Can you still see a hair within the site of the blood?

I wouldn't expect the saline spray to give enough force to dislodge a graft. If a graft has been lost, then there would be another reason for that.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

If a graft is lost then there will be bleeding from the empty incision site. However, it isn't unheard of for a bit of blood to ooze out within the first hours after a procedure. It's impossible to know what it is that you're experiencing. Can you still see a hair within the site of the blood?

I wouldn't expect the saline spray to give enough force to dislodge a graft. If a graft has been lost, then there would be another reason for that.

No I am not even sure if the Hair Graft has been dislodged ? I did not see any hair graft popping out ? I was just spraying that area with Saline Spray and I think after one incident one of the grafts started oozing blood ? so if the graft is still in its place and even if it oozed out blood. It will not die and still grow right ? Because right now I am not even sure if it was just a oozing of blood or it was oozing of blood and a hair graft lost ? There are some guys who have the prophecy oh ! since it was blood that was oozing out you know you have lost that Hair Graft ? is that really the case ?

The only way to be sure is to examine the area closely (or get someone else to, if that's easier) and see if the hair is still in place. If it is then the graft hasn't been lost. Of course this doesn't guarantee that the graft is in good health and will grow in the future. All I can say is that what you're seeing isn't unheard of.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com