Cherry Angiomas on the Scalp

Windjammer

For those that aren't familiar, cherry angiomas are generally benign growths of blood vessels that can be found anywhere on your body and are extremely common. They can be flat or raised pimple-like postules. For this discussion, I'm only concentrating on those found on the scalp. I attached a photo as an example.

For all intents and purposes, these are said to be "age related growths" and genetic, but it's not really understood why they develop in the first place...Some studies do indicate a possibility of low iodine intake.

In my situation, I have at least a half dozen of these on my scalp. Some are flat/flush, others are more raised and protruding. However, one thing I do notice from them is, none seem to generally have any hair growing through them. Much like the photo I attached, hair seems to surround them instead of growing through them. My concern is that these growths may be pushing out, or in some way eating the follicles, of nearby hairs. I already have a number of these by age 30, so I imagine I will get more as time goes on.

Since these are very common in people, especially as we age, I wanted to know how some you have treated these or what you have noticed over time with them? Anyone had any luck getting rid of them naturally? Having them surgically removed isn't a big deal when they are on your back/shoulders, but on the scalp is another story; I don't exactly want to use electrosurgery/cryotherapy/laser and risk damaging healthy hair follicles nearby. Also, those of you who have had hair restoration surgery and had these in your recipient zone, did your surgeon ever mention these or bring them up as a concern?

Cherry.png.9d730936a71012cbf10dfba8fdeae4da.png

Cherry2.jpg.ecf3fc189281f81b2ad9ceaac84ed11a.jpg

Edited by Windjammer