Extracellular Matrix & Donor Scar

I know this has been talked about theoretically for a while but I was just wondering if anyone has actually had it done? How did it work out? Also would be interested to hear the thoughts of any Dr willing to make the time to comment.

This is my understanding of how it works in a nutshell. If anyone wants to expand or correct that would be great. Extracellular matrix is a type of cell which provides a scaffold for wound healing. It is also an information transmitter requesting stem cells to migrate to the wounded area. When the stem cells arrive they are somehow able to form tissue, and I believe muscle, in a way that is very comparable to the natural pre-wounded state of the area. In other types of wounds this has been demonstrated to show a significant return to normal tissue rather than scar tissue in the wounded area. ECM can be applied in a variety of forms, such as a powder or a sheet, to a human wound. It can be made from the intestines of a pig through a complex chemical process which I don't pretend to understand.

I know this has been talked about theoretically for a while but I was just wondering if anyone has actually had it done? How did it work out? Also would be interested to hear the thoughts of any Dr willing to make the time to comment.

This is my understanding of how it works in a nutshell. If anyone wants to expand or correct that would be great. Extracellular matrix is a type of cell which provides a scaffold for wound healing. It is also an information transmitter requesting stem cells to migrate to the wounded area. When the stem cells arrive they are somehow able to form tissue, and I believe muscle, in a way that is very comparable to the natural pre-wounded state of the area. In other types of wounds this has been demonstrated to show a significant return to normal tissue rather than scar tissue in the wounded area. ECM can be applied in a variety of forms, such as a powder or a sheet, to a human wound. It can be made from the intestines of a pig through a complex chemical process which I don't pretend to understand.