Dr. Blake Bloxham (NY): "A Day in the Life" Patient I: 2,500 Graft HT

Last week, I had a pretty standard day at the office: 3,200 graft FUT mega-session and an afternoon of follow-ups and consult appointments. What was interesting about this day, however, is that 3 of those appointments were back-to-back result follow-ups.

I thought each of the patients was a solid example of the "everyday" patient we see at a busy hair transplant clinic. Not the crazy, 5,000 + graft NW VI to NW I transformations or the extreme dense-packed hairline restorations on minimal thinning patients, but great examples of what the average patient can expect from a hair transplant. Common cases with good, solid results. And because of this, I thought it would be helpful to share these with the community.

So I'm sharing these patients as they came in to the clinic -- even in the same order. I think this may provide an interesting "day in the life" perspective and give the average potential hair transplant patient an idea of what they can expect.

The first patient is a patient in his late 50s with fairly advanced hair loss, but high "sides" and realistic expectations. He was looking for frontal restoration, with the plan to kind of comb the mid-scalp and vertex (which were both thinned but still present) into the transplants. Despite somewhat below average donor density, I was able to extract 2,500 grafts via the FUT technique. Surgery went well, and 12 months later the patient's goals were achieved and he is very happy with the results.

oa8xn8.jpg

5yesyq.jpg

23m77va.jpg

106lrpt.jpg

ilvdjp.jpg

FUT scar at 12 months:

33wqdja.jpg

Stay tuned for "Day in the Life" patient II and III. Coming soon.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thank you for the kind words. Glad members like the presentations. I think it's important to present these "everyday" examples to help the average patient understand what they can expect from a modern hair transplant.

Just posted patient II: 2,740 Crown Hair Transplant at 9 Months

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...