34, Had a consultation with Dr Lupanzula, just a few questions with pics

Hello everyone

I'm a 34 year old male from the UK, i have suffered slow hairloss from the age of around 21 at the temples and crown. Been on Minoxidil for 4 years which caused decent crown thickening or regrowth, and Finasteride for 3 years which thickened fhe crown even more to the point it is only slightly visible.

My receding hairline seems to have been halted or is very slow on the fin, but i'm at a point now and have been for many years where i have limited hairstyle options at the front, and have had the same complex forward combed hairstyle using concealer and hair straighteners to decieve people i'm a norwood 1 for years.

The hair loss and hairstyle i'm shackled to is really getting to me now because it takes me 1 hour to do it every morning and i'm always late getting anywhere because of it, the rest of my hair is very thick so i basically do that thing where you grow the fringe then cut it across in a straight line to make it appear a NW1, then i use straighteners 2-3cm's behind to spike it up, it really looks ridiculous and i have been mocked over it for years, but convinced myself i'd take people thinking i've got a s**t hairstyle over balding any day of the week.

But seen as though i have stabalised the loss and have still got alot of hair left, i have been considering a HT to be able to finally spike or brush my hair up at the front.

I have been reading and researching for years on these forums, and have always thought of visiting Belgium for the HT, Erdogan in Turkey would prob be my first choice but i have a fear of flying so that's out the window, i have considered Bisanga and Feriduni in the past but have been very impressed with Lupanzula in the last 6 months or so.

I had a consultation with him last week and found him and his assistant Eva very friendly and knowledgable, he wasn't pushy either which i liked, my dad (who was with me) actually asked the Dr if he thought i needed the procedure which he said he didn't but that he understands the concerns and needs patients have.

Dr Lupanzula said i have a very high density in my donor zone, then drew a proposed hairline which i will post below, i have to admit i wasn't 100% satisfied with the hairline, i thought it was rounded up too much in the corners and could have been straighter and lower, yet the Dr assured me by taking measurements of my forehead, nose, and chin that this would achieve the most natural looking result.

Here are my hair stats and pics -

Number of grafts - 1700 - 1800

Donor area - Very good density - 120 / 120 / 90

He didn't provide my donor capacity which i can always e-mail them for.

So i have a few questions

1) what do you think of the proposed hairline? I have maybe been appreciating Erdogan's too much hoping to have one like he performs. Would i be able to persuede Dr Lupanzula to go slightly lower at the corners?

2) Given i can get by everyday (with alot of stress) looking like a NW1 is it worth having the procedure and going through the pain, the waiting, and the inevitable game of catch up i might have to play with more surgeries down the line?

3) given there is alot of hype over new treatments in the next 3-5 years should i wait it out for these (Brotzu, Tsuji etc) ?

4) is it worth risking shock loss?

Thank you

DSC_2038.thumb.jpg.61b46b57f2cef852438bc447bc1b68ab.jpg

DSC_2040.thumb.jpg.73dbc892395ecf9fc4a6740dca172870.jpg

DSC_2041.thumb.jpg.84cba50efeb28ec2da8df9ee83fc3b19.jpg

IMG_2605.thumb.jpg.c83116b36b4920bc06ec576572ad6fb6.jpg