Recipient Site Care - Saline or Antimicrobial Wound Cleanser

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I have my hair transplant scheduled for 2/4. Like many of you it's important to me to conceal the procedure. I'm confident that the donor area will be hidden well with my existing hair.

I'm a pretty solid NW3. I'm having my hairline lowered and filling in the gaps. Anyway, I feel that my challenge is going to be healing the recipient site as best I can. I will be out of work 10 days after the procedure. I was instructed to spray saline solution on the recipient site once every hour. I did a little research on wound care and it seems like Antimicrobial Wound Cleanser is more effective. Check out this study: http://www.o-wm.com/article/2907

All feedback is appreciated. This site has been extremely helpful. I will be sure to share my HT experience with the community.

Thanks,

John

You should have no problem being completely healed within 10 days. I recommend Graftcyte spray which is a saline spray with Copper Peptide every 20-30 minutes. The process of getting the healing wounds slighty wet and then drying on a rotating basis allows the scabs to form quickly. The sooner scabs form the sooner they fall off. I also recommend to my patients to apply ocean or sea water 2-3 times per day for the first 3 days post-op. you are not going to hurt yourself with the saline spray. Antimicrobial solutions are not necessary.

Hi John,

The recipient site will heal quickly. A couple of things you might see, 1) There could be some lingering redness in the area, 2) You will have a bunch of new but short little hairs there. They won't all fall out within 10 days.

Gorp

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery