FUE doctors near Toronto, Canada

The majority of patients that come to us, and prob to many of the clinics, don't come from the forums, and are less likely to post their experience...

I'm not disputing that fact and you're probably correct in that assertion. None the less, we can only interpret the experiences that are reported and aggregate them.

You presuppose that the patients that are satisfied with their results are not motivated to share their experience...

the number of patients that come from the forums and go back to share their experience, in general, is way less than 100%.

Especially when they are happy

I would contest this as fundamentally illogical since, in fact, the majority of patients who post probably are satisfied with their outcomes. Personally, I think it comes down to whether they are inclined to share their experience in general; as we see the whole gamut of those experiences from the enormously positive, to the decidedly negative and everything in between.

Taking the converse of your example (and playing devil's advocate, rather than being directly critical which was never my intention to begin with), a clinic is unlikely to select a poor result for presentation on a forum like this and these represent the majority of cases we are privy to. So then, what value should we attribute to these inherently biased examples?

I think it would be unwise to formulate an opinion of a clinic's relative worth on the basis of "Well, I don't see many patient experiences online, they must all be off enjoying their great results!". One must be mindful of conducting balanced research in what is a very important decision for a number of reasons. It is this balance and the need for it that my posts and others like it seek to evince.

Edited by thatoldchestnut