What kind of help can i get? i dont really lose hair.

hi im naturally born with lesser/little hair on the middle and front areas. im 25 this year and my sister who is only 18 experiences this problem too. and to make things worst i have quite a high forehead which amplifys my balding look.

Im not really going through the balding stage yet although my dad has a history of balding. recently i notice i have a slight receding hairline in front.

is there any help for my case? i been searching for a long time to no avail. whatever i found was to stop hairloss, not to help people born with lesser hair already. is hair transplant the only way for me?

hi im naturally born with lesser/little hair on the middle and front areas. im 25 this year and my sister who is only 18 experiences this problem too. and to make things worst i have quite a high forehead which amplifys my balding look.

Im not really going through the balding stage yet although my dad has a history of balding. recently i notice i have a slight receding hairline in front.

is there any help for my case? i been searching for a long time to no avail. whatever i found was to stop hairloss, not to help people born with lesser hair already. is hair transplant the only way for me?

Welcome Confused1984,

If you grew up with thin hair there is nothing on the market as yet that can help, if the follicles were never there to begin with then no medical treatments could possibly help.

There are some supplements that can thicken the hair shaft but even if this works the results would be very limited.

A transplant may be an option for you.

P.S.

You state you are not balding at present, yet you say

recently i notice i have a slight receding hairline in front.

If the problem was from birth would you not have noticed this a long time ago?

hi thanks for the fast reply. the slight receding hairline in front only happened within the last 3 months or so if im not wrong. all along i had lesser hair in front so it aint much noticable by other people except myself. mainly on the corners where i part my hair..

so sorry im not very clear here.. but the main problem is the little hair which couldnt be helped so.. sighz..

If you've lost noticeable hair in the the last 3 months you should address that first I think.

It may not be your main concern at the moment but if you continue to lose more hair then I'm sure it will become that way.

I suggest you speak to a dermatologist as soon as possible and address your thin hair with him/her, but the most important thing I think is to find out why you have lost hair in the last 3 months.