Suggestion for Forum

Bill,

I appreciate your function as the moderator of this forum and praise the job you do. I've learned so much from this site and it has helped me through some very difficult times. I'd like to make an observation concerning posts. I understand there are categories for various subjects and if a post pertains to a certain category it should be assigned to that area. However, we all know which category receives the most attention (just look at the numbers) and that is 'Hair Restoration Questions and Answers'. I posted a 'question' last night and woke up this morning expecting at least a couple of answers and there was nothing. I soon realized my question had been moved to 'Hair Loss Drugs' which explained why I had no answer because that category doesn't have nearly the viewers that the other category does.

Would it be possible (I know you've done this before) to leave a question like the one I posted about issues with finasteride and minoxidil in the 'Hair Restoration Question and Answers' category for at least a couple of days allowing it more visibility and then make a post that in two days this post will be moved to another category? I think this would serve everyone better. It would allow for my post to be viewed more frequently, allow others to see a question they might otherwise not have seen because they won't or don't go to other categories and allow the forum to keep the site in order by categorizing material. Thanks for your consideration.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

TTDS,

Thanks for the valuable suggestion. I usually do my best to give each topic adequate amounts of time before moving them if I feel the poster purposefully intended to create the topic in a particular forum. However, the particular topic you're referring to wasn't moved until about midnight and was already half way down the page with no responses. I do believe what you posted contained valuable information, but our members can still find your topic in the "Hair Loss Drugs" section.

I know that not as many members venture down to the non-surgical treatment section, but this is in part due to the fact that many like to create topics on non-surgical treatments in the Question and Answers forum. Personally, I think if more people created their topics on non-surgical treatments in the proper forum, more would be drawn there to discuss them.

All the Best,

Bill

Ok, thanks. Fair enough.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts