Post-Op Donor/Recipient Care

Hi all,

Recently received 3000+ grafts FUE (am currently day 3).

Was just wondering what the advise is on various products.

I bought these recently:

The reason I ask is I see conflicting info about all of this; obviously I am scared of ruining the transplant so. My advisor mentioned to wait 7 days until I start using any of these products but I have noticed my scalp (both recipient and donor) is very very dry and flaking (unfortunately I suffer from a very dry scalp).

I know Spex mentions a couple of these on his videos; but there is no advise about when I can use them. So any further info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Of course contacting your doc is best. I had seriously dry scalp around the same period. My doc had me do antiobiotic ointment for a night and it solved the problem. Be gentle for the first week and follow post op instructions to a T. After that you can go with your products. Spex, I believe, suggested those products after Day 7.

My HT Journey

The FUT surgery experience and results

Disguising my FUT Scar

Medications and Supplements

Supplements: Biotin, MSM

5% Minoxidil Foam

Regenepure Shampoo (re-starting 1mo after HT)

I just checked my email from Spex. He did say after a week on aloe/witch hazel/etc. He said mother nature is the best healer, so don't mess with it!

Also said a month for ketaconozle shampoo and 10 days for minoxidil.

My HT Journey

Disguising my FUT Scar

5% Minoxidil Foam

I just checked my email from Spex. He did say after a week on aloe/witch hazel/etc. He said mother nature is the best healer, so don't mess with it!

Also said a month for ketaconozle shampoo and 10 days for minoxidil.

Thanks buddy; ok, only 4 more days to wait then. How are you getting on with the propecia? have you started taking it now?

I started and only made it three doses (0.25mg EOD) before I stopped. No side effects at all. I just went back to my position of not desiring to alter natural hormones. To say I'm conflicted would be an understatement.

I can't wait to see your progress!!!

My HT Journey

Disguising my FUT Scar

5% Minoxidil Foam

I started and only made it three doses (0.25mg EOD) before I stopped. No side effects at all. I just went back to my position of not desiring to alter natural hormones. To say I'm conflicted would be an understatement.

I can't wait to see your progress!!!

I'm in the exact same boat; I have purchased 28days worth of propecia; but not sure how I'm going to take it; 1mg every other day, 0.5mg every other day or 0.25mg every other day.

Look forward to seeing your progress too.