Used Rogaine and think i lost frontal hair

holyjack

Hey...

I bought rogaine foam becasue i thought it will help me with my receding hair line. After i received the pack i read it's not for frontal hair loss.

However, eventhoug i didn't have to, i used it for the top of my head anyway. (didn't use it in the front at all)

After 3 days only (maybe 4 days)... i suddenly realized that my hair receded a lot in the front. it also lost thickness which makes me look even balder.

i stopped using it right away but have no idea if the thickness of my hair will come back. i really hope i will look the same as i did the day before i started using it (1 week ago).

do you think it's only temporary and my frontal hair will get back the way it used to?

Thanks

Hey...

I bought rogaine foam becasue i thought it will help me with my receding hair line. After i received the pack i read it's not for frontal hair loss.

However, eventhoug i didn't have to, i used it for the top of my head anyway. (didn't use it in the front at all)

After 3 days only (maybe 4 days)... i suddenly realized that my hair receded a lot in the front. it also lost thickness which makes me look even balder.

i stopped using it right away but have no idea if the thickness of my hair will come back. i really hope i will look the same as i did the day before i started using it (1 week ago).

do you think it's only temporary and my frontal hair will get back the way it used to?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

just went through the identical experience. I have diffuse hair loss, but a thick hair line and within 3 applications my hair line got a lot thinner, so I stopped using the rogaine as well. Now I am trying to figure out if my thickness will come back or did I do something to make my hair even worse. I will keep you updated.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have done a ton of internet searching about initial front line shedding on minoxidil and to be honest with you I have found nothing conclusive. It's the typical "horror show" patient accounts vs. the theory behind hairloss shedding (pray for the second one because the outcome is better). The only thing I can extract from all of this is everyone is different and depending on what stage of hair loss you are at and how aggressive it is, front line loss may or may not have anything to do with taking minoxidil and may or may not come back if the treatment is stopped or continued! Clear as mud, right!

I will keep you guys posted on anything I find or any changes in my hair line. Thanks Maxhair and Bobliero (sp) for responding to my PM.