Fin side affects and lowest dose possible to take?

Scotty46

In advance Much appreciated all help

I had a thought of getting a blood test at the doctors and checking my testosterone levels and then starting fin at the lowest dose I can. And if I feel like I might have any side effects I could re check my test levels. Is that a crazy plan ?

What is the lowest dose also please. I have had a search but nothing definitive really.

I haven't had kids yet and was worried it could stop that. I'm sure that's a common worry

I copy and paste from the other thread

I have ruled out taking fin for years like you. My doctor convinced me though. He told me try it, if you have side effects ,then quit. And most guys don't have major sides from fin.

I believe the standard dose of fin is 1mg a day. I use a pill cutter to cut mine in half, 0.5mg a day.

Only twice I started to notice mild symptoms, so I take a break from it (a few days) and let the drug clear out of my system. symptoms go away. Then start up again.

They probably wont want to check your blood for to monitor how you react to fin. they'll probably tell you just take it and see how it makes you feel.

Only thing fin does is block conversion of testosterone to DHT. I don't think it will impact testosterone levels much.

Edited by dagwood

Thanks again mate. Think it's worth a try as you said if it doesn't agree with me I can stop. If I can't access a HT il have to accept it and get on with what I like doing. Stop wasting time worrying about freezing my babymakers

Make sure you get it prescribed by a doctor so you can (1) carefully monitor for side effects under a doctor's guidance and (2) get a PSA test before starting which is important.

The lowest dose I've heard people taking is .2mg but I'm sure that would be a pain in the ass to split the pills down to.

.5mg 2-3x week in the case of Propecia (comes in 1mg tablets) or .625mg 2-3x week for Proscar (5mg tablets cut into eights) are some low dosages that people have mentioned. I take the latter 2x week after much experimenting and being on and off the drug.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)