Donor Scar Healing?

Hey guys just a quickie. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to help insure an even smaller donor scar? It'll be small as it is right now... just curious if there's anything I myself can do to help it along.

Cheers,

danger

Hey guys just a quickie. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to help insure an even smaller donor scar? It'll be small as it is right now... just curious if there's anything I myself can do to help it along.

Cheers,

danger

danger,

First of all, you want to keep stress off of it for as long as possible. Opinions vary, but most will agree that lifting heavy weights/objects should be avoided for at least 2 months or so.

Anything that may cause a pull in that area, really.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

You want to do things that encourage healing. In that regard you might try taking some extra vitamin C with meals (Vitamin C is a factor in wound healing). Don't smoke (interferes with healing). I would be careful about doing things like leaning over to pick things up, and so on... try to keep tension off of the area, even beyond the 2 month mark that Robert mentioned (that's just me though).

• 3 weeks later...