1 year on propecia.... what next?

joe blogs

Started losing hair at the age of 17/18. I eventually got myself on 1mg a day of propecia and its coming up to a year since i first started the treatment. Im 19 at the moment by the way.

Unfortunatly my sides have continued to recede and my top hairline has also receded slightly. My crown area is still just as thick, overall im a (quite advanced) 2 on the norwood scale.

Now im well aware that there are a a lot of treatment options out there. Because my hairline is STILL receding at a steady pace i was wondering whether its time to alter my routine slightly. Maybe get on regaine, or try out some supplements, or switch to avodart...

I was on regaine for a short period and i found it a real pain in the ass, i hated applying the stuff 2 times a day. Also obviously cost is something i need to consider so i dont really want to increase my hair budget if the effects are going to be minimal at best. So currently im just on 1 mg Daily of Propecia- does this need to change is the question.

Any advice would be really appreciated. Hair loss really does suck! And this stupid HM gets pushed further into the future, although from what ive read i would imagine that it will be out within 10 years (maybe im being too optimistic!)

All the best guys

David

Hi

Give the Propecia a chance to stabilize your hairloss. you are still very young and do not know how it will progress or possibly stop.

See what happens in the next 6 months and stay on treatment.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Maybe try Avodart.

Even if Propecia doesn't seem to be working, it seems worthwhile to keep taking it. If it doesn't work, well, you were going to lose that hair anyway. You're not losing anything by staying on it.

Originally posted by joe blogs:

so not much point in getting started on regaine?

Yes, you should start on this also, it seems to work well with propecia, get it cheaper by buying direct in generic form , eg from minoxidil direct UK. Also keep track of the some of the PRP cases documented here over the next few months as initial assesment looks positive.