Just had Paul T Rose Surgery...Will new hairs fall out?

I just had 1350 done on my temples by Dr. Paul T Rose in Miami. So far I am very happy with the pricing, staff, procedure and the doctor. Because it was done on my temples, and I have long hair, I am already able to conceal it, and I'm only 2 days in. Almost all of the pain and swelling has gone away, and the area is clean. It is obviously too early to say it was a success, but I am feeling optimistic based on the initial results.

My question is, will the initial transplanted hairs definitely fall out, or is there a chance they will survive and prosper?

Thanks,

MiamiHT

Attached is pic day of surgery.

HT_day.jpg.f98c16dbdb43d0d2a7902aa98753fe30.jpg

There have been a few exceptions to the rule but yes the hairs will most likely shed. It's really important mentally to realize it's just part of the process. Best thing you can do is not obsess over it. I hit exactly four months today. Month two was not so good everything vanished and I looked worse than before the surgery. Middle of month three I started growing like crazy . Once you turn the corner it's pretty amazing every day is a little like Christmas.