Pre and Post Hair Transplant Advice

Hey everyone,

I'm scheduled for a hair transplant soon and wanted to get as much feedback as I can regarding what I should avoid or should not do before and after my procedure to make sure everything goes smoothly. Yes, the doctor has specified this but I wanted to get some feedback from forum members as well since they have been through this.

What should I avoid doing before my hair transplant? I've been told to stop Minoxidil 2 weeks before my procedure. Anything else I should do?

Post op: Will I be able to wear a baseball cap a week after my hair transplant or is it too soon? I'm staying in the country where I have my procedure for 6 days after my surgery to recover as much as I can without going back home; so no baseball cap needed during this period.

After this, I might travel directly 6 days after my procedure on a business trip to China for a week (which is really far: 15 hours duration). Is this something to worry about? I mean it will be my first time in China and I'll have had my hair transplant done a week ago. I'm afraid to catch an infection or something. Is it advisable not to do that? I thought it would be good since I will be away from everyone for at least 2 weeks post op and when I'm back I would hopefully look like I had almost nothing done.

Any other advice or tips will be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Hi there,

These video's will help and there are several others on my website. hope this helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0opDXxppUxs

Thanks Spex! You're doing great work helping patients.

Can you please reply in specific to the parts about wearing a baseball cap 6 days post op as well as my concerns with respect to my trip to China? Is it fine if I travel after 6 days there?