3 Month Update - 1300 FUT

Andromeda

So I just passed three months since my procedure. Original post here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/183761-1300-grafts-fut-30-years-old.html

About two months in I think I started to see some growth. Now it seems like it's coming along pretty steadily. It doesn't seem to be growing in evenly, with the left temple/middle slower than the right temple. I'm assuming/hoping it will still thicken up significantly over the next few months. It looks pretty odd to have the new growth so short when the rest of the hair is long. I don't think it's too noticeable though. Overall I think I'm happy so far.

I still have some occasional pain in my scar in the very back of my head at the end of the incision. It can occasionally feel tender to the touch (and feels like a little bump). Every so often it feels like a little scab comes off. The rest of the incision usually feels fine. The scar still looks a little red, but it's not that big a deal since it's easily covered by my hair.

I've attached some photos.

5b32eeb92e889_FrontClose.jpg.50b9f8d022ec49cab2d2711c0fab6272.jpg

5b32eeb940854_Left.jpg.c87a83cea82b8782608abd8db670c520.jpg

Front.jpg.2652bcdf48f0f44743633b6e99f6dcb3.jpg

Right.jpg.7086d4947c57a7ca060e8460c8c2c384.jpg

You're doing great. I looked at your previous post and these pictures as well. Quite honestly, it looks like you had an excellent transplant and your growth is coming along exactly as it should. Obviously, I'm not a doctor but I'm a veteran with having hair transplant surgery.

Yes, your hair will thicken up and more growth will happen. You're right at that stage to where you're starting to feel a bit of growth and by the end of month four, you should notice more and by the sixth month, the growth should be very noticeable and by the eighth month, I think that you're going to be a very happy man.

As far as the short hair being noticeable, it looks fine to me. You see it more than anyone else does and unless you point it out, I doubt anyone else will notice either.

Having occasional pain at the incision is not uncommon. I had six surgery and had that same issue. Over time, it should get better and the pain should go away.

If you look at my profile, I have pictures and details of all of my surgeries, so you can see what kind of growth I had, so you can compare the progress.

• 1 month later...

Looks good...wait until 6-9 months. You will likely see huge changes then!

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!