Shaving just the donor area in FUE procedure?

Hey guys, I'm hoping to get a hair transplant soon. It would be quite minor, I really just want my hairline bringing forward a couple of CMs in the corners where it's receded. I'd guess it would be around 1,500 grafts.

At the moment my hair is quite long and one of my issues with getting a HT would be shaving it down. Although in most photos I've seen of HTs the whole head is shaved, in some just the donor area is shaved down. This would be perfect for me as the hair on the back of my head is already short and it's really just the top which is longer. It would also mean I could probably hide any ugly redness, etc after the procedure quite well which would be nice.

Like a lot of people I really like Dr Erdogan's work, I've also seen some really good stuff from Dr. Feriduni. Does anyone know if either of these require the whole head to be shaved down? I know Erdogan offers a long hair transplant procedure for an extra cost, but that seems to be more about transplanting grafts from an unsaved donor area.

Thanks

I had two no shave FUE's with Dr. Jim Harris in Colorado. It's a fabulous way to do it since it makes the procedure really unnoticeable after the first few days.

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!