Can you experience shock loss from transplanted hair growing in?

At 3 months post-op, it's probably more of a shed than shockloss. It's the result of how we respond to the level of trauma that induces shockloss and at 3 months post-op, the level of trauma should be greatly reduced by then.

What visible signs do you see that lead you to believe that you have folliculitis?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

What does it mean if it's shedding instead of shock loss, is that still a good thing? I sent some pics to my surgeon and he thinks it is folliculitis, I have pimples on my transplanted area I have never had then there before, usually one or two at a time.

What does it mean if it's shedding instead of shock loss, is that still a good thing? I sent some pics to my surgeon and he thinks it is folliculitis, I have pimples on my transplanted area I have never had then there before, usually one or two at a time.

Shock loss is a response to the trauma induced by the surgery whereby a shed cycle is not related to trauma. A shed cycle is where a very high percent of the scalp hair goes into a resting phase and thereby sheds a high percent of the hair mass.

It usually lasts between 3 and 6 months and then enters another growth phase.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

is folliculitis basically random pimples on your scalp?

No, folliculitis is an infection impacting the hair follicles and usually is treated with oral anti-biotics. If left untreated, the infection can adversely impact those follicles so it's critical to get in touch with your doctor whenever it is apparent or even suspected.

Gillenator