Life Changing Descion- 3000-4000 grafts SMG vs H&W

Hello all,

I am a 24 year old male having aggressive hair loss. I have consulted with various clinics and short listed SMG ( Dr. Paul Shapiro) and H&W. I am having a tough time choosing between the two. I am more inclined to SMG because it is closer to chicago. I am investing all my life savings in this surgery. I would appreciate if you guys help me decide.

Thank you.

You can't go wrong with both these clinics being some of the best in the world. I am biased but I think Hasson-Wong is THE place to go the larger the session.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Ooops I missed your age. Personally I would not advise anyone under 30 to get a hair transplant, but I see more and more doctors doing it. In my mind as far as transplants a person basically has about 3-4 times "at bat" over a lifetime. Normally someone in their twenties has no idea what the real long term pattern of their balding will be, so by committing and using up your "at bats" so early in the game, it could greatly limit how successful transplants could be later when you might really need that donor hair. A guy "freaking out" over some minor thinning in his twenties, has no idea what he may face at 40. Once a lot of territory is bald the game-plan changes as far as how to cover the most balding area with the best coverage. So by getting hair transplants so early on what are in fact "minor thinning areas" in the twenties can come back to haunt you when you are still relatively young in say your early forties. And hair can actually mean more in your forties because in your forties and fifties other aging problems like skin, wrinkles, can start creeping in, and so hair can be a great thing to have at that point in your life.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I am in advanced level of MPB. They estimated that I still have 3500-4000 grafts left if I plan to transplant 3500 grafts now. Will the meds help me saving the existing hair atleast for a couple of years before I go for another transplant?. At this age, I would be very happy to have some hair on top of my head instead of having nothing at all and wasting my youthful years without hair!!!. As you have gone through this procedure several times, I would really value your opinion

I am in advanced level of MPB. They estimated that I still have 3500-4000 grafts left if I plan to transplant 3500 grafts now. Will the meds help me saving the existing hair atleast for a couple of years before I go for another transplant?. At this age, I would be very happy to have some hair on top of my head instead of having nothing at all and wasting my youthful years without hair!!!. As you have gone through this procedure several times, I would really value your opinion

Exactly what I was thinking! I am the same age as you are and I have thin coverage all over my hair in a NW5-NW6 pattern. I would prefer having hair during the coming years by transplanting around 3500 grafts to the hairline and top while leaving some grafts for the vertex in the future. I do not want to wait 10 more years when I'm completely bald; I prefer having conservative hair transplants over a certain period than wait to lose everything.

Here are images of my hair:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184043-am-i-good-candidate-hair-transplant.html

Hello all,

I am a 24 year old male having aggressive hair loss. I have consulted with various clinics and short listed SMG ( Dr. Paul Shapiro) and H&W. I am having a tough time choosing between the two. I am more inclined to SMG because it is closer to chicago. I am investing all my life savings in this surgery. I would appreciate if you guys help me decide.

Thank you.

Also right now you have good exchange rate $USD to $CAD

Lostmyhair1234:

I would recommend Drs. Hasson and Wong. Their clinic sounds best suited for your situation. If you are in Chicago, I would consider a consultation with Dr. Konior too.

Research, research, research!

Doctors I'm considering:

FUT:

-Feller

-Hasson

-Konior