life changing advice

toni

I have been suffering from hair loss for more than 10 years,i did 2 fut procedure from 8 years ago for the top area and the vertex, unfortunately the hair loss continued over time , now i need to restore my hairline and adding density to the top area, i am using toppik now,, it is really depressed, because you become a prisoner for hair concealer, my life is badly affected by hair loss,so i need advice please for which procedure(fue or fut) is suitable for me,,i am considering turkey for my next procedure but i am confused because there is a lot of surgeons , so what are the suggestions related to my case and thanks in advance to all who can help and really appreciated,,,,

Hi Toni,

Can you share some images? That will likely help the community offer some advice.

If you've already had FUT, you're likely better suited to continue down this route -- unless you really didn't want to do another strip harvest. The only caveat here is if you are "stripped out" after 2 FUTs and would now be better suited with a non-strip approach. Has the doctor that performed the last two FUTs had the chance to evaluate your donor and offer a recommendation?

Look forward to your reply.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

thank you Dr. Blake for your reply,,i tried to contact my doctor but he is not available,, but other local doctors told me that i am suitable for both methods,, and this makes me more confused,,

IMG_2068.thumb.jpg.a7bbe943219e89c2850968637b3a7c21.jpg

IMG_2069.thumb.jpg.dc96500a533cdce836ea1cfbe614ab95.jpg

IMG_2073.thumb.jpg.df092f5ac4dd820e8796bc3ae77e3ce2.jpg

Hi Toni,

No problem!

Definitely looks like the transplants worked. But I think you have a very fine hair. This is a double-edged sword: it creates a very soft, natural appearance, but it's also challenging to create density with these fine hairs.

If you're suitable for both methods still, I'd likely recommend continuing with the FUT. You'll likely get out more grafts, and I would be somewhat concerned about the fragility of your follicles if you were to do the FUE route. Fine hairs usually mean finer, more fragile follicles, and these tend not to do as well with FUE. Remember, however, that I haven't had the chance to evaluate everything in person. So the in-person evaluation of a hair loss doctor would trump my online thoughts.

But in review, you are probably likely still a candidate for both procedures; I think you would probably do better with FUT because it appears like it works for you, and I would be somewhat concerned that your follicles may not like the FUE process (and therefore wouldn't grow as well).

Hope this helps!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Dr Blake,

i would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback on the best and most fut doctors in turkey.....it is good to know from a certified reference......