2 weeks post operative, shampooing

Hi all!

First of all, I've got a megasession of 5130 grafts in Germany exactly 14 days ago. All scabs and crusts were gone by day 8 and 9.

Now I've ordered revita shampoo and conditioner and I would like to know if I'm allowed to use such hairloss shampoos and conditioners 2 weeks post operative. The lotion and shamoo the cliniq has given to me is almost empty. I'm not going to use any cheap crap shampoos again and I'm a bit afraid and confused about what I'm going to use due all of these shampoos and conditioners available on the market.

Thanks in advance!

You should be able to use pretty much any kind of shampoo you like 2 weeks after the procedure. However, check with your clinic before using anything. They may have some post-operative restrictions, and you always want to follow the post-surgical instructions as closely as possible.

Keep in mind that Revita does have a small amount of ketoconazole in it, and this has been associated with some initial sheds when starting to use the product. This means that you may see 3-4 months of increased shedding or hair loss before it starts actually coming back healthier. This shouldn't affect the transplant itself at all, but just something to keep in mind. The fact that it has this active ingredient is all the more reason to speak with your clinic before using it as well.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

You should be able to use pretty much any kind of shampoo you like 2 weeks after the procedure. However, check with your clinic before using anything. They may have some post-operative restrictions, and you always want to follow the post-surgical instructions as closely as possible.

Keep in mind that Revita does have a small amount of ketoconazole in it, and this has been associated with some initial sheds when starting to use the product. This means that you may see 3-4 months of increased shedding or hair loss before it starts actually coming back healthier. This shouldn't affect the transplant itself at all, but just something to keep in mind. The fact that it has this active ingredient is all the more reason to speak with your clinic before using it as well.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your answer. I've been in contact with my clinic and they pretty much said the same as what you'va said. Personally, I think it would be better to wait a couple months, but now I'm trying to find another 'neutral', high qualitative shampoo. Any recommendations on that? Again, thank you very much.