Name brand proscar from Turkey. Any chance it is less effective?

frogger

I ordered name brand proscar for the first time from a legit online pharmacy months ago after previously being on propecia for about 6 years with success (been ordering propecia from same online pharmacy). The box of proscar I received was in another language, after googling some of the words it appears to be Turkish. Ever since switching from propecia to proscar I have had an insane amount of shedding similar to pre-finasteride, and no signs of the shedding letting up, and my hair looks thinner than ever. It has gone on long enough to where I highly doubt it is any kind of initial shed from it being a slightly different dosage amount. I have never heard of anyone not responding as well to proscar switching over from propecia. Is there any chance the proscar coming from Turkey could potentially be the issue? The box has the MSD logo on it, so it is name brand. Expiration date is fine. Not sure what to do. I would hate to throw away an entire years worth of proscar tabs in a panic just to have to buy more from a local pharmacy (USA) instead only to realize that was never the problem and it was something else.

This is a tough one. There is really no reason why legitimate, name brand Proscar should have any different effect than did Propecia. I know you trust the pharmacy but, short of having the medication tested by a lab, you have only one other method of assessing its potency and that's your own experience.

My advice would be to switch back to the drug that was working for you and see if this uncontrolled shedding ceases and if you regain some of your lost density. It's likely you won't get all the hair back but you may very well see some improvement.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website