Finasteride / Propecia for Hair Loss Explained by Dr Gaurang Krishna

vinaymieux

Hi guys

I had my hair transplant doctor help us answer all questions related to Finasteride in the following video : https://youtu.be/zhwuEIyDGYM

The questions answered are:

1. Before getting to know about finasteride we've to learn about the main cause for hair loss?
  2. What does finasteride do to Prevent Hair Loss?
  3. Is this FDA approved?
  4. What is the recommended dosage for Finasteride?
  5. What if someone decides to take a higher dosage. Is that safe and will it give any faster benefits?
  6. On the contrary, What if someone decides to take a lower dosage?
  7. Are there any side effects?
  8. There have been cases reported in which the side effects have continued even after discontinuing usage of finasteride. Can you explain that?
  9. Why does finasteride have side effects?
  10. Since you said that DHT is a by product of testosterone and finasteride decreases DHT.. Does it also decrease testosterone? Because I like to workout whenever possible; and to build muscles you need higher testosterone levels. The last thing I want is for finasteride to help me in one thing and spoil another.
  11. For how long do you recommend someone to have finasteride?
  12. Are there any other products out there that can give you same benefit or outcome as finasteride without having the same possible side effects?
  13. PRP, laser comb, derma roller, minoxidil; aren't these better and safer options to prevent hair loss?
  14. Lastly if someone is bald or has receding hairline, can any product out there help grow back hair?
  15. So in the end do you recommend finasteride to people having hair loss?

Also visit my YouTube Channel for my complete hair transplant journey and many other videos on hair loss: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJaB5IXaXWZZU9I9ZtkNYHQ/videos

Looks like this video is "private" now ? Btw, really great work with the videos. I've been following along your progress and I hope you get a killer result. Thanks for all the effort you've taken to share your experience.

Looks like this video is "private" now ? Btw, really great work with the videos. I've been following along your progress and I hope you get a killer result. Thanks for all the effort you've taken to share your experience.

Thanks for the encouragement. I got a lot of negative comments from other transplant clinic agents and doctors whose hair transplant income gets affected when people use finasteride. And that last thing I need to to sit there and reply to hate comments. I try to make the videos in my free time and don't get paid for them, I have my own job.

More videos will come shortly. Look out for those. Subscribe if you haven't already.

Thanks.

If reps from other clinics are doing that, it sounds like an unethical thing to do and sounds like a serious offense on a forum that's dedicated to share knowledge about hairloss. If other clinics are trying to spread wrong info so that their business blooms, they need to be exposed for the benefit of users like you and me. Please contact the mods !

If reps from other clinics are doing that, it sounds like an unethical thing to do and sounds like a serious offense on a forum that's dedicated to share knowledge about hairloss. If other clinics are trying to spread wrong info so that their business blooms, they need to be exposed for the benefit of users like you and me. Please contact the mods !

It was mainly from 'FUE Global' and few others... Comments were only on YouTube.

Dr. Andrew Rynne is not a "hair transplant surgeon" he is simply a Doctor who is concerned about the side effects of Finasteride.

Finasteride