Experiences with Dr. Elliott

norcalsac

I am 53 and am contemplating my 3rd HT with Dr. Elliott in southern california. This will be 1500 grafts. My first two procedures were 12 and 14 years ago (600 and 900 grafts respectively). I was very pleased with the results and have only received positive comments from people who are even aware of my intial procedures.

I am seen very few patient comments here and I know Dr. Elliott is not a member. However, Dr. Robert True, a former partner of Dr. Elliott's and a member who is very positively reviewed here, tells me that he has "great respect for Dr. Elliott's knowledge and abilities" as a hair

restoration surgeon and that I will be "in extremely capable hands" with Dr. Elliott if I use him again.

I woudl be interested in any comments and feedback from former patients of Dr. Elliott regrading your experiences and outcomes. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

• 2 months later...

Norcalsac,

If you had great results from personal experience TWICE why are you looking for confirmation from others. For what its worth, I had an HT from Dr. Elliott back in 2000 and the results were awful. I had to do further research and have another Dr. do corrective work and finish the job. I don't normally post on this site, but I saw your post and couldn't in good conscience leave without leaving my experience. Take it for what it's worth and best of luck to you. Don't do anything until you're totally comfortable and convinced.

I had work done at Thomas/Elliott when they were working out of Chicago. They used the janitor to place my grafts. I ended up with a great deal of donor depletion along with very poor reuslts. The local CBS news affiliate did a huge undercover expose. I'm sure this hurt their business tremendously. Since that time Thomas died in a horrific car crash. Sometimes these things have a way of working themselves out. But not completely, as Elliott has set up shop in CA.

There are many doctors out there with shady pasts. The internet is a double edge sword. It's great for promoting, but you never know when former patients who were butcherd might surface.

I would suggest staying away. It's not because you might get poor results. I'm sure all the practice has made some docs better. It's a matter of character. What kind of a person would be so greedy, that they would allow a janitor to take part in a medical procedure.