Help with Receding Hairline and Thinning Crown. 21 years old.

Chris94

Hi everyone, first time here and first post.

I'll try keep it short and simple, basically as the title states, I'm 21, my hair is receding and thinning on the crown.The receding started when I was 17/18 and the thinning started last year. I don't want to go down the surgery route as of yet as I don't think the thinning is bad enough and I can deal with the hairline at the current state.

I'm looking to prevent the thinning and restore it back to its un-thinned state and also to prevent the hairline from receding any further (any salvageable regrowth is a bonus).

I've looked at Rogaine, Propecia and Saw Palmetto (as a natural alternative) but can't make a decision on what to go for and what will work for me. For every good result I see from a products I see someone posting about getting no results at all.

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've just realised the size of post too and that I never managed to keep it short.

Chris.

Minoxidil and Finasteride, good to go. :)

Everybody responds somewhat differently but I think it's generally accepted that Finasteride is very likely to maintain your hair's present appearance (or at least close to it) for a considerable time. You may see improvement, you may not. If the likely worst case scenario is your balding not progressing, that's still pretty good in my book!

As an aside, while it's nowhere near as mentally taxing as undertaking a hair transplant; you should be ready to commit to the regime as there's a reasonable chance you'll undergo some kind of shedding if you take the fin/min combo. It's also possible that you'll think it's not doing anything for you because you don't see improvement but remember, no progression is likely to be an improvement in a relative sense.

FIN should be your first step. That's the best chance you have at slowing the loss and possibly regrowing in the crown. Make sure you give it enough time to work, too. I was on Propecia for about a year @ 22, but stopped using because I wasn't sure if it was working. I continued to thin and eventually jumped back on @ 26 ( 6 years later), I really feel its stabilized my loss since then.

• 7 months later...

MMS, see genesis2church.is for more info. You may have to do this only once every month or two. Mutamba bark salve, see my write up in herbal hair loss remedies. B6, B9, Biotin and magnesium prevent DHT build up. A good source of these nutrients is the pep up drink by Adelle Davis in her book Let's Eat Right to Keep Fit. Search Adelle Davis pep up drink and you will find it. The brewers yeast, lecithin and magnesium oxide are what you want, skip any oil, never use pasteurized milk because it causes hardened mucus linings in the intestines, the casein in dairy is known to cause cancer. Look for a milk substitute such as home made hemp seed powder milk, home made oat milk, ect. Use a home made organic stevia tincture as a sweetener. Brahmi oil, 20-50 ppm colloidal silver are worth looking at to clean out DHT. With Mutamba or Brahmi oil you should treat the entire scalp twice a week at night before bed, wash out in the morning. You need to treat the entire scalp as DHT will travel around in the scalp. Use a 70+ trace minerals plant based fulvic acid supplement and horsetail to feed the papilla which is in the bulb at the base of the hair follicle.

• 5 months later...