Am i a candidate for a HT?

And if so how many grafts would i need?

I would be fine just filling in the temple region and sides of the hairline. However what worried me is the thinning above the temple on the right side.

image.thumb.jpg.941050d70186be0a9af4f0bc1257f229.jpg

Edited by Zooksty

I am not a doctor but it looks like your pattern is that your frontal third will recess back. You do still have quite a bit of hair in the middle but you need a doctor to examine how safe it is. I have temple loss like you do. If you research temples they usually recede uneven for some reason. The good news is your crown is solid and that is why meds are important to keep what you have. You need to know the genetic history of hair loss in your family how your father and or grandparents bald. Sometimes it starts at the hairline moving back then a spot can open on the crown. It's impossible to tell without knowing the genetic pattern in your family. You still have a ton of hair so all is not lost. My suggestion is that you go get examined by a recommended surgeon. Better to have it checked than sit at home worrying about it in my opinion. You still have a lot of hair so don't stress too much until you get it checked.

I agree with Jon86. No one has a crystal ball, but I started losing some hair around age 19 and had about the same amount as you @ 27.

I would lay odds that your hair loss will continue at a steady rate over the coming years. Your front to mid-scalp will likely be very thin to no hair by the time you are early 40's.

Not sure what your are doing now but minx will slow the loss, Fin and laser comb are best IMO. Lucky you have good options in 2016....better than in 1987