State Regulations for SMP (Scalp-micropigmentation)

Although certification is not required in most states, strict state specific Micropigmentation and tattoo regulations have been put in place throughout the country to assure the safety and well being of the public. Whether you are a potential client, or are interested in a career as a Certified Permanent Cosmetic Professional (CPCP), make sure you become familiar with these regulations in your state or region. From being in this buisness all these years,I feel that there should be more regulation and certain requirements for performing scalp-micropigmentation on individuals.I am aware that there are company's that will give you a piece of paper after 3 days and say you are certified .Some company's expand and cut corners in there training program just to save a few dollars??. There has been an increase of failed procedures from providers claiming to be the best.I have seen personally at least 100 clients that went through full head laser removal and I've seen the emotional trauma that is causes.What are your guys thoughts on this issue?

The way I see it is, having a certification doesn't hurt, but it shouldn't have as much weight as real world experience, natural talent and a consistent history of excellent results to back it up. I just looked up some info on the CPCP, and it states on their website "Certification is a formal recognition of comprehension of a specific body of knowledge demonstrated at the time of the examination."

So someone having a CPCP cert tells me that they're good at memorizing info and ability to pass an exam and should be somewhat knowledgeable about the domains related to permanent cosmetics. Nowhere does the certification require a minimum amount of experience or endorsement from a certified/experienced technician or board of professionals.

It's the same case in the hair transplant industry. It's like going into a HT surgeons office and expecting him to be knowledgeable and serving your best interests because he has a "Doctor" title but how many people have been butchered from surgeons with this "Doctor" title? So my point is if a "Doctor" title doesn't prove natural talent and a history of excellent results, "CPCP" doesn't prove much as far as a SMP techs abilities.