New *VIDEO* Results from Dr. Feller and Dr. Bloxham / Great Neck, NY

FellerMedical

Hi Everyone,

Here is a video Dr. Bloxham and Dr. Feller shot of a patient who visited 10 months after his hair transplant with us.

Tara

Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplants

dmfos3.jpg

2rz28ur.jpg

25g594y.jpg

2rfd1kw.jpg

vhuhb9.jpg

1.jpg.4fa0824137dff3681a9c0dbd40e46935.jpg

2.jpg.355b1ae3d116af4a52867af1f79359ef.jpg

3.jpg.349bd1304d90db88e9df320623796024.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.0eebba7a7a2dffba501a4d7fc6ae9da3.jpg

5.jpg.dbad97e93b1327a1ba6f53534b3760b6.jpg

5b32eac8cc5f7_Smoren-before-afterfreezepic.thumb.jpg.ec8f33e6cefad82edf1fd7e6830e85f0.jpg

Edited by FellerMedical

Feller & Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Dr. Feller is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Bloxham is Recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

• 2 weeks later...

Drs Feller and Bloxham:

How old is this patient? Is it usually advisable to delay crown work like this until a later age? Looks like he achieved great coverage regardless. Well done.

Research, research, research!

Doctors I'm considering:

FUT:

-Feller

-Hasson

-Konior

Hi Bunsen,

Sorry for the delay. He's in his 60s.

You don't necessarily need to wait until you're "older" to have crown work done. However, you do want to keep the following in mind:

I frequently consult with patients who suffer from thinning in both the frontal scalp and the crown. Many times they tell me that both areas bother them and need to be filled or that the crown bothers them the most and they would like to start here. However, I almost always say the following: when it comes to a hair transplant, you are almost always best served by starting in the front and working back.

Why? The frontal region is the most visible and cosmetically important portion of the scalp. This is truly the "foundation" of a good head of hair. If this portion is solid and the face is properly framed by it, you really don't look like a balding guy. What's more, lots of people thin behind the front portion in the crown region but not in the front. It's a natural pattern. Knowing all this, it's easy to understand why this area is priority #1 in a transplant.

Patients have a limited number of grafts. If we start in the front, re-build this region and they run out of grafts, they are still okay. The important foundation is done and they look natural with thinning in the crown behind it. If they have more grafts, great! We will continue working back. However, the same scenario doesn't work out if you start from the back and work forward. It does not look natural to have a thick, full crown and a completely bald scalp in front of it. If we rebuild a crown densely and run out of grafts, this is the scenario we're left with. Because of this, I never recommend it.

Which brings me to your real question: If a patient has a very stable front or a front that has already been transplanted, using a good amount of grafts to rebuild the crown is fine. This doesn't meant the patient has to wait until they are 60 to have crown work, but a patient this age is far less likely to thin aggressively, so we would feel more comfortable using a larger number of grafts in the front. And that's precisely what happened here.

Hope this makes sense. Feel free to ask any additional questions.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.