Had SMP and now looking to FUE

(question at the bottoms.. otherwise the history and general thoughts first)

Hi chaps,

In brief, I'm 33, light brown/mid brown hair, noticed thinning about 2 years ago on the top/crown area, i'm something like a vertex 3 however my hairline is good and has been like this since i was 19 when i lost the 'kids' hairline, when my hair is grown its was always about an inch long so the thinning wasn't really that noticeable but as soon as I noticed it started I panicked and in June this year I went for SMP in the UK.

I have had a shaved head before so it was really a no brainer and when i saw various pictures from around the web of people having SMP + FUE combination surgery or people that were thinning and had just SMP to add some shade to the scalp it made sense for me to get SMP as it would only enhaunce the FUE surgery at late date.

The SMP was great, i have nothing against SMP as you can see in the pic I just keep my hair shaved quite short and because my hairline is a good already and I have hair on top the illusion works well. The main problem I get is I often get "you should grow your hair out" or from balding friends "if i had as much hair as you i'd grow it out mate"

I have been looking into travelling from the UK to Turkey, from my research its a great place for HT and of course the price makes it possible for me to get this done sooner.

Would love to hear from any SMP+FUE people

just a couple videos i've found on the net from a surgeon who talks of the benefits of SMP+FUE

------------

Q.

Could anyone take a look at my pics and give me an idea of how many grafts I will need.

Photo 1 = hair cut with clippers quite short - before SMP + artificial light

Photo 2 = hair cut with clippers quite short - before SMP + artificial light + Flash AKA the killer!

Photo 3 = after SMP (sorry its not a great photo)

5.jpg.2bf9a403a8a1f886fbaecb9bd13466f1.jpg

1flashandartificial.jpg.2a6284d08b6b85ddae5b7f8025bacaa3.jpg

SMP.JPG.eb4cb83fd971162762761ddf95d086cf.JPG