2000 Graft FUE by Dr De Reys in Belgium

Ontop he's at 8 months, if you think that only half of the grafts have taken then I would be concerned but as seen in most threads give it a year before your final judgment.

Vegetaswidowspeak I'm following this as I'm about to book with Dr de reys and I have the same Norwood pattern and he has quoted the same number of grafts and I was a little concerned about the number and the area covered.

One of my biggest concerns is I have a tuft in the middle and didn't want to end up with noticeable thin low density at the temples

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/183806-how-hair-transplants-grow-mature-pop-dr-blake-bloxham-feller-bloxham.htmlhttp://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/183806-how-hair-transplants-grow-mature-pop-dr-blake-bloxham-feller-bloxham.htmlMy bad sorry,

No I do think more than half of the grafts has taken, if there was anything to be concerned that given the area covered maybe the grafts was spread out a little to much again over a larger area maybe but still there is time for the folicals to mature over the next several months as I have seen this sort of stuff happen with different members over the years.

There is still plenty of time if you ask me for improvement, hair folicals has there own rules to each individual person.

Worst case he need a second pass in the future, which really is not uncommon in a lot of guys

Blake made a post on this topic on how hair pops, grows & matures have a read link below

Edited by ontop
edit

I think what concerns me is the same doctor has said 2000 grafts for my temples and i think im a little more gone than the original poster

I know its a gamble anyway but even with choosing a surgeon who is meticulous and uses manual fue cant guarantee a good result , and i seem to see quite a few on here with weak growth on the temples so there could be a strong possibility ill be suffering months of a red head only to end up with a still a big difference between the temples and the tuft in the middle i have left? trouble is its hard to gauge what percentage of patients are successful

Sorry for the no show guys, I wasn't getting email updates on the thread for some reason!

It's concerning because I originally was booked for 2500 grafts and I had the money in cash for 2500, but the doctor insisted at the end of day that we'd achieve a good result with what hes done and so stopped at 2000 which could have been a mistake on his part? Kind of sucks because a second pass is not something I wanted because of the expense. Getting it done in one go would have been ideal :-(

I did see a lot of "popping" months 3-6 but since then I haven't seen a new hair pop through in a good while.

I'm now in the situation you don't really want to be in! The middle is a lot thicker where m native hair is and I just had a thin see through hairline at the moment. Sometimes I can style it to look cool but sometimes I catch my reflection or the light is on me and it doesn't look great.

I have been talking occasionally to Dr De Reys and he has advised waiting until 12 months because he thinks there's growth to come. I am not very optimistic but I'm going to sit tight and wait as advised

I feel for you buddy this is one of my biggest fears and wonder how many are really happy without having to go for the second pass ?

anyway hang in there you never know the12 month mark things could be different , fingers crossed.

sivy