shedding proccess

Anonymous

How does shedding work ? If I'm on propecia for 1 months and start to shed . And than decide to stop at that point, will I continue to shed ? Or will the shedding stop and will I begin to regrow the shedded hairs ?

Or do I need to continue to be on propecia to regrow the shedded hairs ?

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

Shedding from Finasteride is called Telogen Effluvium and it's caused by the hormonal changes from Finasteride. Telogen Effluvium is when a higher than normal amount of Anagen (Growth Phase) hairs transition to the Catagen (Dormant Phase) where the hair basically releases from the root and eventually falls out 2 to 3 months later (Telogen Phase) before cycling back to Anagen again.

So if you were on Finasteride for a month and shedding started, the telogen effluvium would still continue its cycle regardless of discontinuing. Most of the hairs lost will return unless they were extremely miniaturized. It would be pointless to discontinue the drug a month after shedding starts, because it should subside at the same time if you stayed on it. You would probably be better off riding it out to see if the drug worked.

Edited by ForeverLacey

I heard propecia is good for regrowth mainly in the crown area, but my shedding is occurring only on my front hairline and temples, so will the shedded hairs from the front hairline still regrow ?

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

also this telogen effluvium, shouldn't the amount of telogen effluvium be less if I stop taking propecia ? So shouldn't the shedding phase be less severe ?